Paid Project Intern: Small Business Development
Part-time $4,000 - $6,000 4-6 months Dec 2019 - May 2020
Manage your own schedule and work from your virtual office with some travel in Eastern Iowa!
Assist in the implementation of agency’s Small Business Development Project involving business contact, community interaction and some educational training as directed by the Executive Director (ED). **Unique opportunity for students to build individual skills and experiences! Can complete other duties as assigned to accomplish agency goals and build your resume! ** This is a 4-6 month position with all work to be completed before June 30, 2020. Position approved for max of 500 hours (weekly schedule very flexible - work can be done on weekends and during university breaks) + mileage reimbursement. Willing to work with your institution to provide college credit.
• Complete activities to accomplish project goals.
• Represent agency at stakeholder meetings.
• Communicate effectively between agency and stakeholders.
• Apply research skills towards project deliverables.
• Responsible for ensuring project deliverables are achieved.
• Provide periodic updates to the ED and Board.
• Manage project deadlines.
• Perform periodic project evaluation and develop strategies to efficiently accomplish project goals.
• Manage complications creatively and effectively.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• High School Students (junior or seniors) will be considered. HS Diploma preferred.
• Must have a driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, insurance and willingness to travel within the agency’s six county region.
• Must be organized and able to manage time effectively.
• Possess well established communication skills in written and verbal form.
• Some post high school education credits or university degree.
• Access to a smart phone and laptop/computer with internet desired.
• Proficient computer skills especially with MS Office (Word & Excel) and social media platforms.
• Ability to think strategically and take direction.
• Ability to work independently with results.
***Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to with 'Project Intern' as the subject.*** Email applications only. Open until position is filled.
Whether you just have a simple question for us, or a massive project proposal, we would love to hear from you! You can fill out the form at the bottom of this page to send us a quick message, or you can call or email our office.
Phone: (563) 221-1930
Limestone Bluffs R, C and D
Po Box 421
Mechanicsville, IA 52306